Thursday, July 14, 2011

I made a concrete mixture using 1 part cement and 2 parts sand and added water when necessary.

I poured the mixture in the mould to the top.


I wrapped the outside of the mould with plastic to add support (so cement wouldn't leak out the cracks)


I removed the mould from the base.


Extrusion of the outside frame was easy. The whole form slid out with no problems. The interior mould is another story.

Disappointingly, the mould didn't work exactly as I hoped. However, if I were to recreate this frame, I know what i would have done differently. Instead of gluing all the pieces of the interior mould together, I would have just installed them and had them supported by wood blocks. I wouldn't have cut the shape out of the base and would have installed handles on each side that would slide out effortlessly. I plan to recreate this frame and completing my structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment