Monday, June 27, 2011

A Structure, A Pattern

STRUCTURE
Adopting the ASLA green roof grate, I created a planter box staircase.
First, I constructed the staircase out of cardboard.


Then I added the wire mesh grate.



And some flowers for good measure:



PATTERN
I modeled my pattern after those plastic plastic bag holders. This is a flattened version though it could just as easily be in a warped plane.

In the photo on the right, the cardboard is concrete and the wire mesh is the growing matrix. However, this could also be reversed such that the wire mesh becomes stepping stones over a cardboard growing matrix.

Has anyone figured out how to add photos to the bottom of the blog window or is this another one of those things where you have to think backwards? (or just drag the photos down one by one...)

No comments:

Post a Comment